In my 40 short years on this planet, I’ve realized some pretty awesome truths. Now these are declarations of truths that speak to me and my experience. Your truths may be completely different than mine based on your experience. By sharing these truths and wisdom bits with you, I invite you to find and identify what feels true to you. Perhaps some of these will inspire or activate something within you as well. Thanks for reading. xo Lisa
1. Love Rules. Be love. Activate love. Let love guide you.
2. Life gets better and better with age. Wisdom. Courage. Go for it!
3. You are what you eat. Your body is a temple. Activate it with life-giving nourishment.
4. You are what you think. Notice. Forgive. Release. Tell new stories.
5. Our intuition & inner guidance system is always right…for us. No matter what advice is out there, my gut lets me know every time.
6. I am unique. There’s no one like me. Just be me.
7. You are unique. There’s no one like you. Just be you.
8. Each one of us is here at this particular time for a reason. Purpose. Desire. Raise the vibration of the planet. Create community.
9. Life is what you make it. Make it shine and sparkle. Choose JOY.
10. We see what we believe. Question every belief you have. Dig deep to find old beliefs that are still hanging out with you.
11. What others think of me is none of my business. Let go of the idea that everyone needs to love you. Do you. Be you. No matter what the naysayers say.
12. Sexiness comes from within. Radiance. Attitude. Energy. Vitality. Truth living.
13. Confidence comes from within. Knowing. Loving the self. Clarity. Commitment.
14. You cannot be “fearless”. Fear is a great tool. Allow your inner conviction and courage to propel you forward while looking fear right in the face and doing it anyways.
15. Worrying is a waste of time. Dream. Get clarity. Vision. Enjoy the journey. Trust.
16. Worrying creates stress. The majority of what we worry about never happens. Let go and trust in the divine order of things.
17. Stress makes us age faster and creates dis-ease in the body. Release control. Breathe deeply. Take a break.
18. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What lights you up? What is beautiful to you?
19. Judgements and criticisms of others are a projection. Take a look in the mirror. What do you see? What does their behavior remind you of in yourself?
20. An obsessive need for control (over everyone and everything) leads to frustration, disappointment, anger. It keeps us stuck and stagnant. Open up to the mystery.
21. Taking risks and being willing to look like a fool is a hell of a lot better than staying small and safe. Break free from the cages of “safe” and “secure.” They are illusions.
22. Brilliance, Genius, Ingenuity: seeds of endless possibility and potential that have been planted in each one of us. It is our choice to activate and engage them (water, pull weeds, fertilize, grow).
23. Silence is golden.
24. Less is more.
25. Being a good listener is one of the highest forms of love.
26. Anger, sadness, fear, jealousy are all important emotions to examine and feel fully. Suppressing, denying, pacifying them creates more pain and suffering. Feel your feelings. Just don’t linger or make them your story. Let them move through you.
27. Vulnerability is good stuff! A willingness to be vulnerable and share our experiences with others will connect us and help us to remember that we are never alone.
28. The moment you accept and love yourself as you are right now is the moment that you will feel free. Self-love and acceptance opens the door to more greatness and joy.
29. Forgiveness (of self and others) is not weakness. It is one of the most powerful acts of love.
30. Nature is a healer. Be outside. Smell the fresh air and listen to the birds. Feel your toes in the grass and touch the thick bark of the trees.
31. Rest & Relaxation (R&R) are undervalued in this busy-bodied culture. Give yourself a break.
32. Creativity, Art, Self-expression: they set our souls free, improve brain function and keep us young. Stay connected to the pulse of the universe.
33. Self-love and self-nurturing are our greatest work on this planet. When we care for and love ourselves we can do more good in the world and be there more for our loved ones.
34. Comparing ourselves to others is an act of violence and cowardice towards the self. Be the best YOU that you can be. Do it your way.
35. Gossip weakens our immune systems and keeps us from really looking at our own challenges. Whispering about the faults of others is a waste of everybody’s time (especially yours).
36. Our dreams matter. Stop putting them on the back burner.
37. We are capable of great things when we believe that anything is possible for us.
38. Passion and desire are necessary medicine for living a most vibrant and joyful life. What turns you on?
39. The first and most important step towards realizing world peace, reversing environmental devastation, ending all wars, feeding all people, etc. is available to every single one of us right now. Ask yourself “How am I at war with myself/others? How am I being destructive in my life? What am I in denial of? Where can I be more compassionate? Where can I be more generous and loving? Who can I forgive today?” Then, start making new choices and create more peace in your world.
40. You absolutely have what it takes. Never doubt your worth. You are a valuable being on the planet.
Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? ~ Mary Oliver